Set your Intention: Achieve those New Years Goals! – MyIntent Project Set your Intention: Achieve those New Years Goals! – MyIntent Project
blog

Set your Intention: Achieve those New Years Goals!

We’ve all been here before, January comes and we are eager to jump on the bandwagon of setting new goals, in order to have the best, most success year possible. However, despite all the excitement and determination we have, a few months pass and it seems like most of us have failed to see any real progress towards achieving what we set out to do.
In order to finally put an end to this ongoing cycle, we would like to share with you our top three favorite tips to help make 2019 your best, most productive year yet!
  1. Focus on your goals rather than your problems. This idea comes from Rachel Hollis’s RISE podcast where she interviews Brendon Burchard. Brendon explains that if you set your resolutions to fix your problems you will be focusing on your own weaknesses and will ultimately be filling yourself up with self doubt. Instead, think about the positivity of your desired end result. Once you have clarity on this ending result, break this goal into smaller, more obtainable steps.
  2. Write your goals down. One Harvard Business Study found that 3% of Harvard MBAs end up making ten times as much as the other 97% combined! When interviewing the top 3% they found that all had clear, written goals and plans to accomplish them.
  3. Find an Accountability Partner. Studies have also shown that when you have an accountability partner you are much more likely to achieve your goals. This should be both supportive and motivational. Pick someone who is also working towards achieving a goal and make sure the relationship is reciprocal. Helping someone also accomplish their goals will give you an extra boost in motivation towards achieving your own.   
Now, that you have our top three tips on setting your 2019 goals it’s time to grab that pen and get started writing them down! If you still are unsure where to start or would like additional guidance this worksheet might help. 

Once you have written down your plans try thinking of a WORD that will keep reminding you to move forward towards your goals and share it in the comment section below. 
Together let’s make 2019 the best year possible!

Leave a Comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published

AS SEEN ON

seen on